Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 1995 10:12:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jfieber@cs.smith.edu (John Fieber)
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, jleppek@suw2k.ess.harris.com
Subject:   Re: silo overflows

> There have been reports about silo overflows under X in normal
> operations, but I don't know the cause.  Overflows are normal, at

Indeed, and I only get silo overflows when running Netscape.
Furthermore, if I have a page up with any notable amount of
<BLINK>blinking text</BLINK> then overflows will come right in
sync with the flashes.  I can't seem to induce overflows by any
other means.  I have 4 16450 serial ports with 1 mouse, a 14.4K
modem, and a 19.2K hardwired slip link to my wife's laptop (which
can't keep up with anything fasters).

BTW, I also have a Adaptec 1542C, 33mhz 486, 16450 serial ports,
FreeBSD-current as of about 2 weeks ago and XFree86 that came on
the 2.0R CD.

-john