Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 16:01:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      RHS Camel Smoker <bbobb@blerg.dyn.ml.org>
To:        "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <jmcla@ocala.cs.miami.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux vs fbsd

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Joe "Marcus" Clarke wrote:

> Subject: Re: linux vs fbsd
>
> FreeBSD is by far, a better operating system.  Why?  Well, first, pretty
> much anything you can run on Linux will run on FreeBSD with very little
> effort.

*grin* little effort = little fun ;-)

> It's rock solid, and has, by far, the best support of all of
> any Intel operating system.  If I have a question, this list, or people
> like Greg Lehey and Brian Sommers will answer it expediently.

[root@blerg games]# uptime
  3:24pm  up 1 day,  8:33,  7 users,  load average: 1.03, 1.01, 1.00

the longest I can keep my linux box up is around 3 days. I've hit 2 weeks
before...then it kinda fell apart. =]

>  As for playing around with it, it's got a load of games,
> window managers, drawing/painting apps, and tricks.

*grin* I was aiming more for playing around with the kernel, but games are
a pretty definite plus ;-)

> Linux, in my
> opinion, is too mixed up and confusing.  You have a variety of different
> Linux kinds, with support being muddled, and at times, hard to find.
> FreeBSD has one central outlet for support, upgrades, and apps, with
> easy-to-find links to related sites, and related documentation.  Plus,
> if that doesn't win you, FreeBSD has that kick-ass daemon for a logo.

heheheh...I've read stories about that daemon...;-)

*shrug* I'm convinced. I've gotten around 5 messages back from this list -
the most responses I've ever seen from a specific question.

thanks. :-)

now...where do I get those freebsd t-shirts? ;-)

> -Joe Clarke

ps - thought it was kind of a bsd-ish sign that PGP would compile with a
'make bsd', but choke with a 'make linux'. =]