Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:52:40 +1100
From:      JacobRhoden <f3z@iprimus.com.au>(by way of JacobRhoden <f3z@iprimus.com.au>)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Backspace and Delete keys under PuTTY

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 06:46, Jonathan Chen wrote:
> It's Linux that's stepping on standards. Their default config is to
> have erase=3DDEL. All other UNIX boxen I've used have erase=3DBACKASPCE=
=2E
> I suspect the PUTTY writers have been heavily influenced by Linux.

I myself am going insane in an environment where every second box require=
s a
different setting (aaaargh!! and stuff). Is there a way to override the l=
ocal
settings on the Linux/Solaris/etc... ?

(Oh, and if you were writing an ssh client, would you default the setting=
s to
the standard, or to what works on all your machines *grin*)

Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 8344 6102
ITS Division            Email: jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386