Date:      Tue, 12 May 1998 16:54:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        Jochen.Solbrig@urz.uni-heidelberg.de (Jochen Solbrig)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scientific plotting

Jochen Solbrig wrote:
> hello!
>
> i'm looking for a scientific plotting package which also
> can do numerical calculations, like
> data fitting or fft. it should be able to edit
> data (multiplying data columns, etc.)
>
> thanks,
>        jochen

There is a large package called "scilab", developed, I think,
at INRI.

Another poster recommends "MATLAB" not "Matlab"; I assume
that by the former he means the [commercial] product from
Mathworks, Inc. (www.mathworks.com, I think). If so, that
package contains very mature code for signal analysis,
control theory, matrix manipulations of all kinds, and so on.
I'm plugging them, I admit. (I used to work with the people
there). They have significant, deep academic discounts.
I would be very, very surprised if it is not available
at uni-heidelberg already, possibly site-licensed. Ask in
the mathematics, electrical engineering or aeronautic
engineering departments.

Dave
--
                <----.   mail-to: djv@bedford.net