Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:32:27 +0100
To:        "Michael Scheidell" <scheidell@fdma.com>, <dirk@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: snort fails on 4.4RC2

Hi,

Make.conf says that:

"If you experience any problems after setting this flag, please unset
 it again before submitting a bug report or attempting to modify code.
 It may be that certain types of software will become unstable after being
 compiled with processor-specific (or higher - see below) optimization
flags.
 If in doubt, do not set CPUTYPE or CFLAGS to non-default values."

There are a lot o people that have problems with sh and other programs
because of CPUTYPE flag.

We shouldn't use CPUTYPE flag period.

Bye,

Nuno Teixeira