Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:52:04 +0200
From:      MDG <albertodegiorgi@iol.it>
To:        lynch@cftnet.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE : Trident 3D AGP card

Chris , you wrote

>              Hello,
>
>              I have a Trident AGP video card on a Pentium class 233MMX...and am
>              running
>              FreeBSD 2.2.8
>              when I attempt to start the X server- I'm using KDE- it locks up
>              the PC. Has anyone else had this problem ? I'm thinking that FreeBSD
>              doesn't support them...I've asked a friend with 3.0 and he says it that
>              version does not support it either
>              Any help would be appreciated
>
>              Thanks
>              Chris Lynch

If a problem related to card support exists I think it depends on X , not
FreeBSD . Therefore
1) be sure you have the 3.3.3.1 release
2) run xf86config . This is a configuration utility that lets you customize
    X creating the XF86Config file . At any time you can exit it by typing ^c.
    Nothing will be saved . Now , what you should do is to run this program
    til you come to the video cards database and check if your card is
    supported by X . If it's not you can look at www. XFree86.org for a newer
    release that suits your needs, if they have any
3) of course if you find your video card is supported that means the problem
    hides elsewhere.....

Best regards
MDG