Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:02:03 -0400
From:      "Sam Stephenson" <sam@conio.net>
To:        <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ZDTV Coverage

I don't know if any of you are unlucky enough to get ZDTV or not, but if you
are, you're certainly aware of the amount of coverage devoted to Linux and
BeOS on shows like ``The Screen Savers'' and ``Silicon Spin.''  In fact,
I've never seen a ``Screen Savers'' camera shot that didn't include a plush
Linux penguin or a bumper sticker advocating the OS.  Rarely is it that I
come across a page on the ZDNet web site without a link to something related
to Linux, and a search across the entire ZDNet web site of the word
``FreeBSD'' returns no results.

I sent an email about two months ago to The Screen Savers, asking for more
FreeBSD coverage.  (If anyone would like a copy of the message, drop me a
line and I'll see if I can scrounge around in my archives and find it.)  I
got no response besides the automated ``we received your message'' deal,
even after requesting a reply.

Jordan (or anyone else for that matter), how hard would it be to get a
FreeBSD plush doll and a Power Pak sent to ZDTV for ``Screen Savers''
coverage?  No matter how bad ZDTV might be, coverage on its shows is
desperately needed.  The more people we can educate about the benefits of
FreeBSD, the better -- I saw a Netcam caller once who thought Solaris was a
form of Linux.  It's time to get the word out about the best free OS
available.

Regards,

Sam Stephenson
sam@conio.net