Date:      Wed, 28 May 2003 10:34:29 +0200
From:      Emre Bastuz <info@emre.de>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Speed test (upload/download) web scripts

Hi Benny,

Zitat von Benny Chee <bennyc@magix.com.sg>:
> 	i want to implement a speed test website for my suscribers to test their
> upload and download speeds. Any ready implementation for such tool?
we have basically placed some binaries on a webserver and offer them for download.

The test-files are binaries created out of random numbers
(http://speedtest.netcologne.de/) to prevent compression from messing with the
throughput results. Nothing fancy but still useful.

Regards,

Emre

--
info@emre.de              http://www.emre.de
UIN: 561260           PGP Key ID: 0xAFAC77FD