Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2002 02:20:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>
To:        Andreas Ntaflos <ant@overclockers.at>
Cc:        Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: freetype2?? again!

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Andreas Ntaflos wrote:

>Thank you for your answer.
>
>Unfortunately this is not what causes the problems here. I always have
>"." in my path. Also, trying to install it from the work directory in
>/usr/ports/print/freetype2 results in the same errors. So does the old
>classic way of `make install` in the same directory.

First of all, if you look in the Makefile, you'll see that the port
depends on gmake.  If you go into the work directory and type make
install, you'll be calling the BSD make, not gmake.  Just look at the
contents of "install" in the work directory

If you have a . in your path, once again, you'll be calling the
BSD install.

Having "." in your path IS the cause of the failure.  Just for fun,
remove the . from your path, and do a make install.  If you insist on
having . in your path, do:

make clean
make
manually remove the file "install" from work/freetype-2.1.2
make install

A "." in your path is convenient, but it's a bad thing...