Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:06:16 +0100
From:      Fleuriot Damien <ml@my.gd>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   make release doesn't correctly include EXTLOCALDIR ?

Hello list,

I'm running 8.3-stable r245223 from a mere 2 days ago and am in the =
process of building a custom release for our internal use as =
preconfigured firewalls.

"make release" works pretty fine except for a few quirks here and there.

First of all, I have set EXTLOCALDIR so that the release contains my =
existing /usr/local/ , and thus the collection of installed ports.

The problem here is that while /release/usr/local/ is correctly =
populated, the ISO images and ftp install directory have an empty =
usr/local/
Extracting the ISO's base.?? files doesn't yield the /usr/local/ =
contents either.

The second problem I encounter is with the kernel's build.
Apparently "make release" doesn't pull MODULES_OVERRIDE from =
/etc/make.conf and decides to build every single module, as opposed to =
my own restricted list.

I'm going to try with with KERNEL_FLAGS=3D-DMODULES_OVERRIDE module1 =
module2 in /usr/src/release/Makefile

Has anyone else ever experienced the same problem regarding the =
inclusion of /usr/local/ in their release ?