Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 1997 07:49:39 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        vas@vas.tsu.tomsk.su
Subject:   Re: soft for histograms creation

Hi all,

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Nadav Eiron wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Victor A. Sudakov wrote:
> >
> > Could you advise me some software to create histograms, bar graphs, pie
> > graphs etc.  like those Microsoft Graph can create? It would be great to
> > have them exported into a postscript file.
> >
> > I looked at gnuplot, but it is a bit different. I need graphical
> > representation of data tables, not formulas.
>
> Gnuplot can plot data from files. Just do:
>
> plot "filename"

I actually like xvgr (in /usr/ports/math I believe, that or
/usr/ports/graphics).  If you have Motif you can use xmgr (which for some
reason is in /usr/ports/print.  I don't understand why the ports for the
same program, one w/ Motif and one wo/ are in different categories but ...
Xvgr is really nice and I've done all my figures for 3 papers w/ it.  It's
also a little bit easier to step in and use than gnuplot.

Brett Taylor 		brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

Touch passion when it comes your way - it's rare enough
as it is.  Don't turn away when it calls your name.