Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:32:36 +0200
From:      "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@corecode.ath.cx>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        tlambert2@mindspring.com, nick-lists@netability.ie, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, flynn@energyhq.homeip.net
Subject:   Re: lang/icc doesn't compile c++ sources

--=.aPX'7rlR(t(0AE

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 14:30:59 +0200 (CEST) Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net> wrote:

> On  2 Apr, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
>
> >> Do you have test cases where the removal of icc's includes and the use
> >> of "-X -I/usr/include/g++ -I/usr/include" fails?
> >
> > yes. just as simple as that:
> >
> > #include <string>
> > std::string test;
> >
> > it also fails after fixing the wchar_t thingy.
> > the headers from the base system don't use namespaces correctly...
>
> "test.cc", line 4: error: name followed by "::" must be a class or namespace name
>   std::string test ="Hello World";
>   ^
>
> So we have to fix the base system headers in this regard and discard
> Intels C++ headers?
>
> What about these errors?
> ---snip---
> test.cc:
> "/usr/include/g++/std/bastring.h", line 142: error: too few arguments for class template "reverse_iterator"
>     typedef ::reverse_iterator<iterator> reverse_iterator;
>                                        ^
>
> "/usr/include/g++/std/bastring.h", line 143: error: too few arguments for class template "reverse_iterator"
>     typedef ::reverse_iterator<const_iterator> const_reverse_iterator;
> ---snip---

all these are because the headers from the base system are not standards
conformant. i don't think fixing these headers will be an easy task.
tomorrow i'll check out if i can somehow patch the icc headers and/or
continue to patch the headers coming from gcc 3.0.4

cheerz
  simon

--
/"\   http://corecode.ath.cx/#donate