Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:42:26 +0100
From:      Clem.Dye@wdr.com
To:        Clem.Dye@wdr.com, rmooney@iss.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: RE: Re: Help with HP T20 SCSI Travan tape drive under FreeBSD 3.1

Hmmmm. Is it possible that you could contact the author of the
drivers to get a status for us? The HP T20 drive seems good value for
money, but if it doesn't work under FreeBSD, then I think that we
need to flag this issue sooner, rather than later, especially as the
FAQ/whatever implies that SCSI tape drives (with noted exceptions)
should work.

For my part, I'm going to be pretty annoyed if after researching all
available resources, it turns out that I can't use a piece of kit
when the implications are that I can. I can't afford to junk a UKP305
drive, especially when it works fine under W95,W98,NT,Netware and
Linux, and I've paid for it out my own pocket. If drivers aren't up
for grabs or a fix isn't available in the near future (and BTW, I DO
appreciate that people do this sort of stuff in their own time for
free, so one can't shout and scream when something is
missing/broken), then I'll go back to running Linux, much as I'd love
to stay with FreeBSD. Having a box with an non-operational backup
device doesn't play, in my book .....

Clem