Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:00:43 -0500
From:      Andrew Y Ng <ayn@AndrewNg.com>
To:        Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp xfer stalling at ~350MB

--IiVenqGWf+H9Y6IX

maybe your friend can use curl to upload that file instead?
curl also has a feature to resume a transfer at a given offset.

should be able to find windoze binaries at google.

/ayn

On  0, Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.net> wrote:
> I have a friend who is trying to upload a large file across the Internet
> to my 4.7-STABLE box, but the transfer keeps stalling in the
> neighbourhood of 350MB.  I'm using the default ftpd.  My ftpd.log
> doesn't really show much.  However, it is interesting to note that just
> after the transfer stops the log does show a failed ftp login attempt
> from the remote host.  The message on my friends side is something to
> the effect of "connection closed by remote host."  Another strange thing
> is that long after the transfer has stopped I still show an active ftpd
> process for the upload, as if my FreeBSD machine still thinks that
> connection is up and is waiting for more data.  The remote side is an MS
> Win2000 box.  He has tried uploading the file with two different ftp
> clients with the same result.  I have seem flaky ftp behaviour between
> FreeBSD and MS Windows in the past, but I suppose that this could be an
> issue with my Cisco 678 CPE.  Has anyone seen anything like this, or
> have any ideas about where to start looking?
>=20
> Thanks!
> Nathan
>=20

--=20
andrew y ng  <ayn@andrewng.com>  http://andrewng.com

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9BFC594C
fingerprint : 46a1 29ff 893a 0381 dc81  1e1e bed8 e882 9bfc 594c=20

--IiVenqGWf+H9Y6IX

--IiVenqGWf+H9Y6IX--