Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:57:16 +0200
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: /dev/random related mouse jerkiness is again here

Mark Murray wrote:

> > I wonder if anyone noticed that mouse jerkiness caused by entropy
> > harvesting routine is here again (both in syscons and X11), although
> > it was expected to be solved by kthreads, at least on my poor old P133
> > with PS/2 mouse.
>
> You say "here again". Was there a time that it went away with kthreads?

Huh, I really don't know for sure, because lately I have not followed -current
very closely (SMPng stability issues, you know), but I heard from someone that
some not-so-distant snapshot doesn't exhibit this misbehaviour. Could I suggest
that we provide some sysctl to disable entropy harvesting in syscons mouse code
at least until you will solve it properly?

-Maxim