Date:      Thu, 03 May 2001 07:59:16 -0400
From:      Dale Chulhan - Home <dchulhan@uwi.tt>
To:        "chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Modem Woes

I'm using a copy of FreeBSD 3.1 and an Aztec modem.

Alas I have been struggling with my modem over the last couple of days.

Every time I add the other two serial ports sio2 & sio3 and I look at
the boot .. I see a not found messsage.

However, I know its a fact that the modem is com4 in windows.

Is it that I really really have to go do a custom kernel? If so do I
just add the serial ports there or do I have to add pnp support in the
kernel.