Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:04:04 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        conrads@neosoft.com
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trash Voxware? (was Re: rvplayer requires pcm for stable)

> I really don't understand the eagerness to drop Voxware at this point in time.
> Is it simply for the lack of maintainer?

"simply" ? I am amazed, do people understand that the system is
evolving so if a module works _now_ it does not mean it will work
forever without mainteinance ?

I really don't care if voxware stays or goes. At some point (maybe
never...) it will happen to break because of changes in related
parts of the system and then we will not have to decide.

On the other hand people is not forced to upgrade, so even when a
driver is removed they can happily stay with the last version that
supported their favourite hardware.

	cheers
	luigi