Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2006 19:09:36 -0600
From:      Jonathan Horne <freebsd@dfwlp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changing cd durin install....

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 18:13, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 November 2006 14:49, Agus wrote:
> > Hi...while installing freebsd, and adding some packages, i am asked to
> > insert disc 2 to add the pkg, then to insert disc one to add other pkg,
> > then disc 2 again to add other pkg..on and on...Is there a way  to only
> > insert the discs one time, instead of changing them like 10 times?
> >
> > Thanxsss
>
> If you have the box online you might find it easier to grab the packages
> from the server. That will also get you the latest version.
>
> You can either go to /sysinstall or use pkg_add. The man has the details on
> how to do it.
>
> Beech
>------------ Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech@alaskaparadise.com
> /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise Travel
> \ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
>  X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99501
> / \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com
>------------

this page looks prety good:
http://www.pa.msu.edu/~tigner/bsddvd.html

i was going to try it, so i went to my favorite mirror to download the
6.2-PRERELEASE's so i could try it out... and:

ncftp ...SD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/6.2 > ls
CHECKSUM.MD5          CHECKSUM.SHA256

aint no files there!!  *butterlies in my stomache* WHAT COULD THIS POSSIBLY
MEAN???   :D

cheers,
jonathan