Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 14:53:38 -0700
From:      "Pedro Giffuni S," <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        rdkeys@csemail.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What scientific plotting ports are done or in progress?????

rdkeys@csemail.cropsci.ncsu.edu wrote:

> I am looking for any and all available ports of scientific plotting software
> to FreeBSD.  I am aware of gnuplot, and have also installed the gnu plot
> utils.  But, I was looking for anything else that may be available, or
> be in the porting stage.   A particularly good one that I am looking for
> is called gle, but I have not had success myself in porting it to Freebsd.

I don't know about gle, but we already have some excellent plotting
packages. To my mind right now, come the classical xplot, and my
favorite plotmtv (of course I maintain it :-).
> So, anyone have any pet scientific graphics software they can recommend or
> have ported, or are porting?

If you want a new port try this one:
	ftp://dino.ph.utexas.edu/plplot/
If I remember well, some problems with Tcl/Tk and it's incorrect
configure script made me desist (I'm not too patient).

cheers,

	Pedro.