Date:      Fri, 12 May 1995 01:39:12 -0700
From:      asami@CS.Berkeley.EDU (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        hsu@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        hsu@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: maxima port

 * Yeah, the program was intended to run out of its own source directory
 * and I didn't want to just copy all the lisp and macsyma source over to
 * ${DESTDIR}, but I suppose one could.

Well, I hope it could, 'cause otherwise it won't run after a "make
clean"!  I don't know how it's supposed to run, but copying all the
necessary files to under /usr/local/lib/maxima or somewhere should be
good enough.  Thanks!

 * Making a package only seems like a good idea until you consider the
 * restrictive license on maxima.

Okay...I added a NO_PACKAGE and a note to look at ports/LEGAL to the
Makefile.

 * (I must confess I broke down and bought a copy of Mathematica for Windows,
 * so now I spend a lot less time on fixing the freeware math packages
 * themselves and more time doing math.)

Hehe.... ;)

Satoshi