Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:28:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
Subject:   Re: Fonts under FreeBSD

>>>>> "n" == noor  <noor@comrax.com> writes:

n> The current server has no X. It has ssh and I log into it using ssh,
n> remotely. Those familiar with PHP w/ GD support, does it mean that I need
n> to start the server in X and then PHP will have TTF support, or is it
n> transparent to PHP, and the underlying system can operate in non-X mode?

No.  GD has its own TTF support, if you build it properly.  Once GD
has support, any applications that use GD *should* inherit that
support.

You should be more precise when you ask your questions.  Tell us what
you want to accomplish, not what you think you need to do to
accomplish it.