Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 15:13:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spike <spork@ix.netcom.com>
To:        fbsdqs <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Errors reading Syquest Sparq

	When I try and read from my Syquest Sparq drive, wd0, my system
(3.0-RELEASE) wedges for a few minutes and reports the following:

wd0c: hard error reading fsbn 1wd0: status 51<rdy,seekdone,err> error
2<tr000>
wd0c: hard error reading fsbn 1wd0: status 51<rdy,seekdone,err> error
2<tr000>
wd0c: hard error reading fsbn 1wd0: status 51<rdy,seekdone,err> error
2<tr000>
wd0: wdcontrol: recal failed reading fsbn 0wd0: status
51<rdy,seekdone,err> error 20<id_crc>
wd0: wdunwedge failed:
wd0: status c0<busy,rdy> error 1<no_dam>
wd0: wdcontrol: wdcommand failed reading fsbn 0wd0: status c0<busy,rdy>
error 1<no_dam>
wd0: wdcontrol: wdcommand failed reading fsbn 0wd0: status c0<busy,rdy>
error 1<no_dam>
wd0: wdcontrol: wdcommand failed reading fsbn 0wd0: status c0<busy,rdy>
error 1<no_dam>
wd0: wdcontrol: wdcommand failed reading fsbn 0wd0: status c0<busy,rdy>
error 1<no_dam>
wd0: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0

I don't know what to make of this. There is a cartridge in the drive. The
cartridge is brand new.

	-Spike Gronim
	 sporkl@ix.netcom.com

		The majority only rules those who let them.