Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 1995 18:45:28 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, ellen@cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: New daemon pictures (Re: "Commissioning" some artwork..)

> I'm not satisfied with thid version because the deemon's outline is
> too sharp.  I want to fix it soon.

This is very nice!!

The only thing we need to do now is make the background some color
other than black, at least for the CD! :-) For some reason, dark
colors look very muddy on covers (we've tried them and they don't work
:-( ).  I think it's a limitation of the printing process - you lose
too many of the contrasting colors and the whole thing comes out just
looking really dark.  If the daemon was a bit brighter red, and the
background was some color like light blue it would come out looking a
lot nicer!

What do you think?

Talk to Ellen here - she's the one doing the final production on all
of this and will know better how it's going to finally look on the
poster.

But this looks really, really good!  We're almost there - don't give
up on us yet! :-)

Also, can we get the original EPS file?  This way we can play with
different backgrounds and contrasts as we print it out and look
at the results!

Thanks!

					Jordan