Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 22:43:45 +0800
From:      Feisal Umar <afu@webcraft99.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, ipfilter@coombs.anu.edu.au
Subject:   IPFILTER 3.4.16 and FreeBSD-4.2

Hi

Are the startup scripts for FreeBSD-4.2 broken for IPFILTER/IPNAT
support?
I have a gateway machine configured with IPFILTER/IPNAT via the rc.conf
with the following entries:
ipfilter_enable="YES"
ipfilter_flags=""
ipnat_enable="YES"
ipmon_enable="YES"

Hosts behind the GATEWAY can't traverse to outside via the NAT after the
GATEWAY is rebooted with a new Kernel Build (yesterday). I had to
manually specify "ipnat -CF -f /etc/ipnat.rules" before everything works
as normal. Ipmon behaviour has also changed, ie nothing is being passed
to syslog except an entry saying ipmon was started.
I can't find anything is the system logs to suggest anything is amiss.

PS:
Everything was working A-OK prior to yesterday's build (except that
ipmon_enable wasn't supported).
My IPfilter isn't the stock 3.4.8. Hasn't been a problem before.

Thanks for any inputs or pointers.

--
Feisal Umar
Webcraft Sdn Bhd - http://www.webcraft99.com

You cannot kill time without injuring eternity.