Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:31:27 -0700
From:      Chad David <davidc@issci.ca>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@scms.utmb.EDU>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dillon@'s commit bit: I object

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 03:14:35PM -0700, Brett Glass wrote:
> At 01:38 PM 2/3/2003, M. L. Dodson wrote:
>
> >This is the kind of attitude that generates forks.
>
> And knives.
>
> It really does appear that -core has become a hotbed of
> vindictiveness of late, and the community deserves to know
> more about why.

Where did that come from?  What has -core done that could be
considered vindictive?  Did they make a decision?  Are they
trying to clean things up and bring some vision and direction
back to FreeBSD?  Does that bother those who prefer chaos?

My personal experiences with Matt contradict -core's decision,
but my personal experiences with many -core members, and my
respect for authority demands that I support and trust them.

I would recommend that we each consider how FreeBSD can grow
and learn from this experience, and not waste any time tearing
down and destroying what so many have worked to create.

--
Chad David        davidc@issci.ca
www.FreeBSD.org   davidc@freebsd.org