Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:25:41 +0530
From:      "Parthiban M" <parthi_m@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        priya@npd.hcltech.com, pamanick@npd.hcltech.com

Hi all,

    I have tried userland SCSI target mode emulator. And whenever I'm
invoking scsi_target program, it throws error message saying "Device not
configured". I recompiled the kernel with "targ" devices option. During
device probing, the xpt_transport layer is successfully invoking targinit
routine.

    I had created the device file "/dev/targ.ctl c 65 0" through mknod.

   I am using the FreeBSD kernel debugging environment"remote gdb".
I tried many instances of opening the targ.ctl device through the userland
program. The open call seems to fail. On debugging, in some cases makedev
(in targinit) fails while in others it succeeds. Am I missing something ?

Parthi