Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 18:00:41 -0400
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
Cc:        f-q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ot: really detailed apache access logs

this was, on the fateful occasion around Aug 07 14:31 -0400,
sent by Philip Hallstrom

> >is there any way of knowing, in the logs, just how exactly apache
> >is...

> >- choosing the index/default file if more than one index files are
> >  specified in the httpd.conf
>
> It will grab the first one that is listed on the DirectoryIndex config
> line.

that i know, but is there a way to see the working of accesses to the
index files w/o ktrace?

i mean if i specify, say, "a" and "b" to be index files, and if both
"a" & "b" don't exist, apache's log, in alternate universe, would show
that accesses to a & b failed, and directory index was presented as
defined by the config file.

> >- what's being rewritten, etc.?
>
> If you mean what's being re-written by mod_rewrite I believe it has it's
> own logging option that will print this stuff out if you want it...

okay, i admit not enough research on my part, but...

...what about other things covered by "etc" like complete headers
sent/received, or the contents of the request sent/fulfilled, or
symlinks followed, among other things (not covered by "logformat"
alone, but seen when ktrace'ing)?

is there any apache wish list of some sort?

--
 so, do you like word games or scrabble?
	 - parv