Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:46:01 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-bio <freebsd-bio@freebsd.net>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: building kaptain on FreeBSD (preparing a port)

+----[ Alan Eldridge (alane@geeksrus.net) dijo sobre "Re: building kaptain on FreeBSD (preparing a port)":

| On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 03:19:25PM -0300, Fernan Aguero wrote:
| >Hi all!
| >
| >I'm trying to build kaptain on FreeBSD (and in the process learning to
| >make a port). According to its author Kaptain is:
| >	a universal graphical front-end for command line programs.
| >  It works on linux/UNIX platforms whereever KDE 2 and QT 2.1 are
| >	available.
| >
| >I have both Qt2 and KDE2 installed but running 'configure' on kaptain
| >fails with the following line:
| >
| >checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (snapshot >= Qt 2.1 beta2)
| >(headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
| >
| >I believe that Qt in my system is qt-2.3
|
| You need to make a basic ports Makefile that includes the line
|
| USE_QT_VER=2
|
| and then you can do 'make configure' or 'make' in order to see what else
| breaks.

Thanks Alan for your reply.
I've tried this with no success. The configure seems to be failing at
the same point.

Maybe the checking for the version is failing on a wrong comparison? I
don't quite understand what configure does, but maybe the lib version
is handled wrong leading to a false evaluation at some point ...
Or maybe the problem is at some other point (earlier) in the configure
process?

I am attaching the configure output and CCing also kde@freebsd.org
(the maintainers of the qt port) just in case anyone sees better than
I what is happening.

Maybe my qt installation is screwed up?

Thanks again. I appreciate any insight or help.

Fernan

+----]