Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 08:39:48 -0700
From:      Don Morrison <dmorrisn@u.washington.edu>
To:        tylin <tyl@project.m2.ntu.edu.tw>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrade the system by script, but /stand/sysinstall...

> How should I do to upgrade the files under /stand ??

If you have the 2.2.6 sources installed under /usr/src you can do:

#cd /usr/src/release
#make install

But you may have to edit one of the files or use a command line option
to get the release number right though.  I altered my sysinstall under
/usr/src/release/sysinstall once and did a 'make install' from there,
and now the release version reads: "__RELEASE".