Date:      29 Oct 2002 14:21:18 -0500
From:      "Alex(ander Sendzimir)" <lists@battleface.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Yes, but how do I upgrade?

Steve,

Have you looked at the notes in /usr/src/Makefile?

Also a thought: since you're dealing with a production machine, would it
be easier to build an updated duplicate and migrate information to the
new machine? Then you have not left in the cold should something go
wrong. You can then duplicate the process on the production machine and
you have two up-to-date systems.

Alex