Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:38:30 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Pierre Goupil <goupilpierre@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: lock-keys-applet?

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:44 AM, Pierre Goupil <goupilpierre@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Maybe you could use the gkrellm plugin named "gkrellm-leds". I don't know
> if it's available on FreeBSD, though.
>
> My 2 cents,
>
> Pierre
>

> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM, isdtor <isdtor@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sadly, my new laptop does not have a caps lock indicator. Under Linux, I
> > use lock-keys-applet, but it's not in ports, and the latest version, 1.0
> > from 2003 or thereabouts, doesn't compile on FreeBSD (9.2-PRERELEASE,
> Gnome
> > 2 DE).
> >
> > I found an rpm for FC15 with various fixes that will actually compile and
> > install, but doesn't work. Running from the command line, it will simply
> > exit without doing anything that I can tell.
> >
> > Any ideas how to get this to work? Or alternatives?
> >

> --
> "Un truc bien avec la musique, c'est que quand elle te frappe, tu n'as pas
> mal.
> Alors frappez-moi de musique !
> Frappez-moi de musique, maintenant !"
>
> (Bob Marley : "Trenchtown Rock")

gkrellm is available (sysutils/gkrellm2), but the gkrellm-leds plugin has
not been ported. I have no idea how difficult it would be to import. I'm
not sure how the LED data is exposed in linux or whether it is in FreeBSD,
so I have no idea about porting it.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com