Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 1997 04:09:16 +0200 (EET)
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@clinet.fi>
To:        Doug Russell <drussell@auth.internode.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPPd server, with statix AND dynamic IP users...

From: Doug Russell <drussell@auth.internode.net>
   I am trying to figure out a way to have PPPd act as a "server" side of a
   connection, forcing users to use a certain IP address, varying by ttydX
   line they are connected to.  The exception is the few priviledged users
   who have static IPs.  This is driving me nuts.  I don't see anything in
   the list archives, either.

I gave up and read the manual page.  Try pppd option ipcp-accept-remote.

   Ian and I are going to have to hack the ppp source somehow to get this to
   work if there isn't already a way to do it.  If it isn't already there, we
   will make it clean and provide a diff, because this is something that
   really should be possible without a lot of fuss.

I would not mind someone hacking pppd to allow both dynamic and static
operation for the same user.  It probably works now, but to get it I would
need to list all ~200 dynamic IPs in pap-secrets in addition to the static
one allocated to the user to get around ipcp checks.  I think, I stopped
reading the manual page at ipcp-accept-remote :-)

   Later......						<Doug>

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND, hsu@clinet.fi
mobile +358-40-5519679 work +358-9-43542270 fax -4555276