Date:      18 Mar 2001 19:59:25 +0100
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
To:        Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: burncd troubles

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx> writes:

Andrew> only wrote -1 of 37632 bytes

Normal. burncd doesn't like Rock'n Roll: test it with Céline Dion, it
should be ok.

Andrew> The files are CD-R audio format, as converted by sox from WAV
Andrew> files.  According to dmesg, my CD-RW drive is an "LG CD-RW
Andrew> CED-8080B". My dmesg is flooded with the following message:

Seriously, now ;-): first of all, you don't have to convert Wav files
to cdr: just extract them as wav (i'm using cdda2wav or dagrab, from
the ports). But it seems the problem doesn't come from this.

Second: check the dmesg line related to your CDRW drive. My CDRW
refused to produce audible Music CD until it was recognized as
WDMA2. I've changed its place on the IDE chain to do so and now, all
is ok.

HTH.

--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1288302583 secondes.