Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:16:33 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: alpha tinderbox failure

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 04:43:16PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 15-Nov-2002 Nate Lawson wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, John Baldwin wrote:
> >> He means 'nowerror' in sys/conf/files
> >
> > Since this doesn't generate errors on i386, would it be counterproductive
> > to put it in the global files?
>
> Yes.  Hence it has not been done.
>
> >> FWIW, the correct patch would be to use %j and uintmax_t, not longs.
> >
> > I believe this was not done due to Linux compat issues but I'm not sure.
>
> C99 is a bit recent I guess.  We just started supporting it ourselves.

Guys,

We understand this problem and apologize for not addressing it yet.  As
many of you know, we are coming off of a highly compressed and stressful
developemnt cycle and just haven't had the time to push out fixes for this
and many other things.  Our plan is to address these driver next week.
If you can't wait until then, just go ahead and disconnect the drivers from
the alpha tinderbox and move on.  As was pointed out though, this is only
the tip of the iceberg of warnings in /sys/dev.

Scott