Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 17:48:52 +0200
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>
To:        "Hossam El-Ashkar" <hashkar@idsc.gov.eg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RAID

At 14.52 28/04/99 +0200, you wrote:
>    I have a DELL PowerEdge 6300 server with RAID II of size 120GB. I have
>tried to install freeBSD on it, but it does not seem to recognize the RAID.
>Does BSD supports raid, or i have to do some special setting in the system
>in order to use it????

  What kind of RAID subsystem is? FreeBSD recognize only DPT cards, some
Compaq cards (using a beta driver not included in distributions, AFAIK) and
SCSI-to-SCSI RAIDs.
---

  Stefano Riva
  Software Engineer - Systems Administrator
  Informazioni Editoriali I.E. Srl
  Phone +39-027528400, Fax +39-027528451
  Email sriva@alice.it