Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 17:07:11 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Dan Mahoney Jr." <danm@DanMahoney.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot Switching/Drive Mounting.

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Doug White wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Dan Mahoney Jr. wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know a way to pass "default" commands to the boot manager?
> > This would be used where I want a single command that will reboot my
> > system from another drive.  Notably, I want to reboot into dos.
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you're asking .. which boot manager?

Booteasy, although I may soon have to switch to osbs to do what I need.  I
want to be able to, from freebsd, type something like "dosboot", and it
will reboot the machine from the other partition.  I'd also like to be
able to do the same from dos to boot freebsd.  I have reboot programs for
both platforms, the only trick is finding some way to reset the boot
manager's default *before* I reboot.

I'm sure something written in assembler could do it (and could also have
the potential to eat my drives for breakfast).

The reason I seek to do this is because there are certain periodic jobs
that can only be done from windows (updating my online banking files is a
good example), and I seek to automate the process completely by having
freebsd "call" windows.

Hope I'm clear...

-Dan

--