Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nick Sanders <fishy@hotbot.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/11978: timed(8) manpage does not define '-F' switch

The following reply was made to PR docs/11978; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nick Sanders <fishy@hotbot.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, cjc@scitec.com
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:01:20 -0700

 I've made a reorganized version of the timed(8) man, which I have put up
 for evaluation at:

 http://u2.netgate.net/~fishy/freebsd/timednew.8

 Note that this version only has layout changes.  I'm still working my
 way through the source code to figure out exactly how everything works.
 There are currently two undefined tags (FreeBSD-Current): -G and -F.
 The -G flag apparently lets you set trusted groups, while the -F flag
 apparently sets hosts you trust as masters (not sure about this yet).

 There are also some minor notes which will need to be added (like the
 fact that timed will automatically set the -M flag if you use the -G or
 -F flags.)

 The actual content rewrite will begin tonight, and I will hopefully have
 a draft ready by tommorow.  Please let me know if you have any feedback
 regarding the new layout (this is also my first man page writing
 experience, so you may find some rather funky errors).

 - Nick