Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:02:21 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Code review request: cdcontrol status label additon

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 02:09:50 -0700 (MST), "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
> Please find enclosed patches to enable printing of the ISO-9660 Volume
> label, if present, for a CD.  I've connected this to the 'status
> label' command.  Please comment.

The style looks ok, but this didn't work for a Fedora Core 10 disk I
have around.  glabel on the other hand detected the label fine:

  [ /var/log/messages ]
  Jan 28 11:59:00 kobe kernel: GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider acd0t01 is iso9660/F10-i686-Live.

Running `status label' on the same disk didn't find one:

  # ./cdcontrol status label
  No ISO 9660 label found
  # ./cdcontrol -f /dev/acd0t01 status label
  No ISO 9660 label found

Maybe it would be better to hook into glabel (when available) or use a
userland copy of the same code?