Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:24:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        John Brooks <john@day-light.com>
Cc:        'Blake Crosby' <dev@samurai.com>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Source Based Routing

  The issue is for incoming SMTP.  Incoming mail connections go to the DSL
IP.  Problem:  Return traffic gets routing via the routing table, so which
gateway (DSL or Cable) do you point your default route to?  If you point
to Cable, your responses won't get back to the SMTP sender and you will
get no e-mail.  If you set it to the DSL gateway, STMP receiving will
work, but you won't use the Cable link at all.

  Answer:  ipfw fwd.  The problem and the solution are both FAQs.

Tom