Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:51:50 -0400
From:      Steve Bertrand <steve@ibctech.ca>
To:        Laurence Mayer <laurence@istraresearch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Syslogd - Different Files

Laurence Mayer wrote:
> Ok so you dont use `+host' etc as per the man pages.
>
> Can you please send the relevant parts of syslog.conf on a remote server
> on lanx.domain.com. Do you mean remote server syslog.config:
> local6.*         @208.70.104.202

Looking further into this, I only send one facility to the remote server
from the clients. I can't configure it to send multiple facilities from
a client to server in a single file.

A quick Google apparently tells me that you need syslog-ng in order to
do more fancy trickwork like you want to do.

Steve