Date:      Mon, 09 Nov 1998 12:38:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>, phk@critter.freebsd.dk
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tco_forward recursing

Doug Rabson, On 08-Nov-98 you wrote:
>  On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, Simon Shapiro wrote:
>
> > What is this error message and why does it happen?
>
>  I think its something to do with the timecounter code.  You could try
>  asking phk about it.  What is happening to the machine when you get the
>  message?

I have some patches from Poul, so I will cc him on this reply, just in
case.  the machine rapidly and endlessly loops on this message and appears
dead otherwise (totally stops responding), but that can be due to
overloading the serial console.  It seems like NFS triggers it more than
anything else.  I copied /usr/src and /usr/ports fomr an nfs mount to a
local disk with no ill effects.  IT does this reliably if you try to
compile across NFS.

Simon