Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 1996 07:37:22 -0600
From:      Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
To:        hjcs@portal.ca
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spontaneous reboots

>>>>> "Christoff" == Christoff Snijders <hjcs@portal.ca> writes:

    Christoff> find / -name text.txt -print

I've got a 2.1 system which'll reboot itself with the above command
(or from /etc/daily) if its Mitsumi CD-ROM is mounted at the time.
I guess the mcd driver code isn't quite as stable as the rest of OS.

I realize your CD-ROM isn't a Mitsumi, but perchance is it mounted
anyway?  If so, try unmounting it and run the find again.  If not
... well, I'll let someone else answer, then!

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory    kelly@fsl.noaa.gov