Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:57:08 +0300
From:      "Pavel Alexey" <palexey@victoriabank.md>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make STABLE-4 from RELESE-4

I don't known, may be this is documented somewhere, but i don't found:

1. "make buildworld" use includes and libraries from /usr, not currently created
in /usr/obj. ".depend" file in /usr/obj/ directories exist and point to newest
created includes and libraries. Cause of new additional defines in includes and
functions in libc, "make buildworld" from sources cvsup-ed from RELEASE-4 to
STABLE-4 fail.
2. "make buildwold" and "make buildkernel" create new binaries with debug info.
Traditional "make world" make me all without it.
?why?

Pavel Alexey
P.S. Sorry for storm of my "help" in list.