Date:      Sat, 16 Jun 2001 06:11:42 -0400
From:      "Troy Brocato" <tbrocato@intuos.net>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Perl PAM issues on doing cvsup stable-supfile

	I recently was moving from 4.3-Release to 4.3-Stable.  Upon doing a cvsup
stable-supfile, I promptly did a make world, make buildkernel and make
installkernel.  All of these processes finished correctly and the contents
of my makefile.conf are as follows:

# $FreeBSD: src/etc/defaults/make.conf,v 1.97.2.26 2000/11/10 10:48:10 ru
Exp $
#
# This file, if present, will be read by make (see /usr/share/mk/sys.mk).
# It allows you to override macro definitions to make without changing
# your source tree, or anything the source tree installs.
#
PPP_NOSUID=true        		 # to build ppp with normal permissions
NO_LPR=true           			  # do not build lpr and related programs
NO_X=true              			 # do not compile in XWindows support (e.g.
doscmd)
NODESCRYPTLINKS=true    		# do not replace libcrypt -> libscrypt links
NOGAMES=true            		# do not build games (games/ subdir)
NOPERL=true             			# do not build perl stuff
NOUUCP=true            			 # do not build uucp related programs
USA_RESIDENT=YES       		 # set to YES if you are a US resident
FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=YES	  	# help ports developers to debug

After rebooting I get the following errors when webmin starts up at system
boot.  The following lines are from my messages file:

Jun 16 05:53:04 mail perl: unable to dlopen(/usr/lib/pam_unix.so)
Jun 16 05:53:04 mail perl: [dlerror: /usr/lib/pam_unix.so: Undefined symbol
"pam_get_item"]
Jun 16 05:53:04 mail perl: adding faulty module: /usr/lib/pam_unix.so

you are able to login to the system but anything that deal with PERL and
passwords thru PAM will not work, i.e.  WEBMIN, or anything that requires
PAM

Currently I have about 300 Customers that are not able to connect to their
email via webmain interface due to this issue.  Any help will be appreciated
greatly

Thank You!

Troy Brocato
CTO - Intuos Communications, Inc.