Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2007 09:23:55 -0600
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        "Vinny Abello" <vinny@tellurian.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to start rc script after sshd starts?

:
> I have a daemon that apparently does a check using ssh-keyscan against the
> loopback address when it starts up. The problem I have is that sshd is not started
> when the script runs to start this daemon, so it fails and I end up having to start it
> manually. What is the recommended way to get this script to start after sshd has
> started up? I was hoping to not have to hack any rc scripts up from their defaults for
> starting up the system if possible. It's a standard rc script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d. If it
> matters, the daemon is smokeping. I can stop it from using ssh-keyscan completely
> as I really don't use the probe at all in smokeping but I'm curious as to the proper
> way of making this work.
>
> Any pointers are appreciated.

You need to add:

# REQUIRE: sshd

to the rc script  in /usr/local/etc/rc.d that you want to start after sshd.

Another option is to create a dummy script:

#!/bin/sh
#
# PROVIDE: FAKESCRIPT
# REQUIRE: sshd
# BEFORE: <name of script your want to start after sshd>

#       This is a dummy dependency, to ensure that general purpose daemons
#       are run _after_ the above are.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.