Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 2003 02:45:27 +0400
From:      Sergey Matveychuk <sem@ciam.ru>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   primary slave HDD hangs

Hello.

I've sent this email in stable@ but got no answer.
Can you give me some advice on this situation?

I had have a Maxtor 6Y120L0 HDD (120Gb, 2Mb cache) as primary master.
Now I bought Maxtor 6Y160P0 (160Gb, 8Mb cache) and installed it as
slave.
4.8-RELEASE hangs on booting with diagnostic:
ad1: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
ata0: resetting device

On both -CURRENT and WindowsXP system  is all right. HDD looks working.

Can I do something with it?
I'm ready to disable second disk on 4.8 but I'v got no idea how to do it
without kernel hacking. (I can disable slave checking, but I'll lost my
secondary slave CD-Writer then).

--
Sem.