Date:      Wed, 02 May 2001 08:55:24 +0930
From:      Priyadarshana Chandrasena <vpc@eleceng.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [freebsd-questions] printing from netscape

--------------0304C9DB5042E83DF8439852

Lowell Gilbert wrote:

> vpc@eleceng.adelaide.edu.au (Priyadarshana Chandrasena) writes:
>
> > I have a new HP (non-postscript) printer. I
> > have configured it to print ps files and text
> > files. But I can not print from Netscape.
> >
> > How can I configure it to print from netscape?.
>
> If you configure the print command in Netscape to be something that
> works from the command line (for PostScript files, if I recall
> correctly), it should use that to send its jobs to the printer.
>
> If that doesn't happen, describe what you did, what the printer
> command is set to, what happens when you try it (including log
> messages), and what happens when you print something from the command
> line using the same command.
>
> Good luck.

Actually, my configuration works with netscape as well.
But sometimes for webpages with images embedded  in
tables seem to not work. I was thinking if there is a
printer filter other than the one in the FreeBSD handbook
(I am using this: filter for postscript print for non postscript
printers) to address this.

Regards

--
Priyadarshana Chandrasena
Postgraduate Student

Lowell Gilbert wrote:
writes:
Actually, my configuration works with netscape as well.
<pre>--&nbsp;
Priyadarshana Chandrasena
Postgraduate Student
Department of Electrical &amp; Electronic Engineering
The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005,&nbsp;
Australia
Phone : (08) 8303 6391
Fax&nbsp;&nbsp; : (08) 8303 4360
Email : vpc@eleceng.adelaide.edu.au