Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 10:29:19 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Generic config file parser?

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 12:53:59AM -0600, Wes Peters wrote:
> A better choice might be found in XML.  Exploring the port of libxml
> (in ports/textproc) might be enlightening.

XML is almost certainly a better option..  the more I look at it,
the more I think it will cover most all of the config file issues
that I have, both at home and RealJob[tm].

Be advised, however, the ports/textproc/libxml has a 2.0 version
floating around "out there" on the GNOME sites, which does have
a reasonable amount of incompatibility at the API level.. my
understanding is that the 1.x series is now end-of-life.

Having said that, the port isn't going to change quickly..
a whole bunch of stuff depends on it right now.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.			ade@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve		http://www.FreeBSD.org/