Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:43:24 +0100
From:      "James A Wilde" <james.wilde@telia.com>
To:        "Windsor Match Plate and Tool Ltd." <wmptl@MNSi.Net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: M$ Exchange Server Support

This topic is of interest to me, too, since we are users of Exchange Server.
Not that I have any religious scruples about using Microsoft products, and
in our case, the whole of the internal network is NT, protected from the
outside world by FreeBSD and Sun Solaris and with certain Internet related
server functions (dns, smtp) also on the UNIX battlements.  However, I can
see that a network based on UNIX servers would find it a little OTT to
install one NT machine, with the consequent learning threshold, just for
certain functionality.

What's the problem with using tasks?  Tasks, as far as I can see, is a
client function contained in Outlook, and nothing to do with the server.  I
can find no reference in the Exchange Server help file or Books Online
referring to tasks as a server-based function.

mvh/regards

James