Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 00:08:08 -0300
From:      Joao Paulo Campello <john@neoplanos.com.br>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Security How-to for your review.

Hi all,

I dunno if it's the correct list to ask for this kind of information, but...

	I once tried to compile an irc daemon in my old Linux, and when needed to
establish more than 256 simultaneuos connections I've got the error:

"FD Table too big"

I didn't find any kernel option in the RedHat kernel configuration to rise
the FD Table value... Now i've the same problem in my FreeBSD 2.2.6

Does anybody know which is the FD Table value in FreeBSD? Or even how to
change this?!?!

Cheers,

        Joćo Paulo Caldas Campello
Diretor Tecnico - Neo Planos Solution Provider
	http://www.neoplanos.com.br/
IRCAdmin NetLink - Recife/PE (ICQ # ASK-ME :))